- This outside sales position is responsible for identifying and building strategic relationships with customers to drive business growth for our Contract Manufacturing and Custom injection molding services. Preference is for the individual to have medical/diagnostic experience.
- Generate and qualify sales opportunities through existing and the development of new relationships.
- Previous Plastics or Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies that are in line with our company’s growth initiative.
- Make outside sales calls to new and existing clients.
- Work closely with our management team to learn the core manufacturing capabilities offered and be able to confidently represent our company.
- Coordinate quoting activities between project management and new customers.
- Coordinate engineering assistance and technical interaction between customer and all plant locations.
- Regularly review independent pipeline-building activities with management.
- Monitor and report all sales activities to management on a weekly basis.
- Ability to network and make cold calls to potential prospects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Must have strong B to B sales background in the custom plastics manufacturing industry.
- The ideal candidate will possess a plastics engineering background related to part and tool design, material selection, and design for manufacturability.
- Knowledge of the injection molding, plastics, materials, tooling, manufacturing techniques, and product design.
- Proven track record in selling processes to sophisticated customers in a highly competitive manufacturing environment—5-7 years
- Extensive knowledge of internal and external sales processes including new media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead in a complex structure with strong personalities
- Requires outstanding judgment, initiative and the ability to deal with complex problems and work toward results, devising new approaches to problems.
- Ability to effectively organize and plan daily activities and special projects.
- Ability to gather information, analyze and present data, articulate recommendations and implement appropriate action.
- Ability and desire to travel 25% of the time.