The Director of Finance guides financial and operational decisions by applying company policies and procedures while accounting for company’s financial position.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to operational managers by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective actions.
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
- Help develop and support short- and long-term operational strategies.
- Insure that actual financial information generated including annual, monthly, bi-weekly and daily are timely, useful and accurate.
- Provide financial analysis in relation to costing and pricing of manufactured products.
- In coordination with ownership, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on biweekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, & workflows.
- Support human resources and information technology group with a consistent focus on efficiency and service. Initial dotted line responsibilities in both areas.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust & productivity.
- Improve financial and cash flow modeling at all levels within the organization.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
- Responsible for generation of financial reports to external parties (bank) on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Key interface with outside CPA for reviewed financial statements and tax returns.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the organization, initially focusing on financial analysis.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ten or more years of professional accounting experience.
- Hands-on experience in monthly closes particularly related to inventory.
- Strong understanding of financial data analysis at both a macro and micro level.
- Working knowledge of national and local tax regulations and compliance reporting.
- Experience in managing payroll, with focus on streamlining processes.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business, accounting, or related field
- Five or more years of experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager in a manufacturing environment
- Professional certification, such as CPA (certified public accountant) or CA (chartered accountant), preferred
- Strong experience with an integrated ERP manufacturing system
- Flexibility and multi-tasking
- Excellent data manipulation skills
- Must have very good customer service skills and be able to effectively interact with all departments and diverse personalities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a foreign division / subsidiary preferred