This position provides Metrology support for manufactured products throughout the life cycle.
Responsible for interpreting engineering drawings and establishing measurement methodology to verify product performance to the drawing.
Accuracy of work is critical to this job function as data is used for customer and internal manufacturing decisions.
- Review product engineering drawings with a clear understanding and application of GD&T
- Define metrology equipment and techniques to be used for measuring manufactured products
- Create reports and inspection protocols based on drawings for internal and customer use
- Author automated programs and recipes on metrology equipment where possible
- Author Quality Inspection Plans within the ERP system for products in manufacturing. Train quality team members how to perform measurements
- Perform GR&R on metrology equipment, upload reports and maintain in ERP system
- Work with outside labs to collect testing data where no internal capability is had
- Train & certify QC inspectors how to read drawings, quality plans and measurement instructions
- Train & certify QC inspectors how use measurement tools, both manual and automated
- Communicate with customers, suppliers, and all levels of management in support of meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
- Degree in quality engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial technology, or other engineering discipline preferred
- Trained in operation of CMM tools including programming for automated measurements
- Familiar with plastic injection molding: process, defects, materials, characteristics
- ASQ or other quality related certifications such as CQE, SQE, and/or Six Sigma certification are a plus.
- 5 years working in quality, engineering, manufacturing environments
- Metrology experience including CMM, Vision systems, profilometers and other automated and manual inspection equipment
- Fluent with GD&T, Gage R&R, data interpretation, data analysis, and reporting
- Possess an advanced understanding of standard inspection tools and systems
- Possess a good math background and be able to communicate both written and verbally
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge with ERP systems