The Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage and coordinate programs including new customer projects, transfer projects, sustaining engineering support, and site/company Continuous Improvement Projects.
The Program Manager works directly with KS Customers, and closely with Sales Team, Quoting Team, Tooling Sites (internal and external), Site Manufacturing/Engineering/Quality Teams, and Customer Service Team to drive projects from award through validation and into production.
The PM is to coordinate and drive all phases of a new program introduction to manufacturing, ensuring timely delivery of excellent quality parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies.
· Demonstrating advanced knowledge of project and program management principles.
· Using project management tools to manage large and complex projects or programs.
· Defining and managing scope, time, and resources of large-scale, complex projects or programs.
· Initiating, developing, and maintaining relationships with customer, site project managers, site manufacturing/quality engineers, supplier’s other external collaborators or contributors.
· Maintain and grow relationships with overseas tooling vendors.
· Create, track and control projects using IQMS (ERP), project Gantt charts, action plans, status updates, and budget tracking controls using planning tools.
· Initiates and drives RFQ’s for tooling purchases, tooling repair process, qualification part orders, as well as tracking delivery of all purchases related to tooling or qualifications.
· Ensuring and providing project documentation and communication between all stakeholders.
· Leading cross-functional teams to develop and define overall project charter, scope, timing, and budgets for new and existing projects as well as new product launches to deliver new projects through all phases of development and production to meet company on time delivery, quality, and profitability expectations.
· Interface with the tool room, engineering, quality assurance, and sales to identify and resolve root causes.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance all site related documents and systems (i.e., BOMs, mold numbers, item masters, engineering project books, meeting minutes, etc.).
· Facilitate technical and problem-solving discussions with customers, suppliers, and internal Subject Matter Experts to determine root cause of technical issues to solve problems.
· Perform searches for alternative sources for purchased goods and services
· May require travel to customer / vendor locations
· Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
· Demonstrated formal Program Management experience
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving abilities: identify and develop solutions to problems without direction from others
· Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills
· Must have a critical eye and be able to identify needs areas
· Must have very good customer service skills and be able to effectively interact with all departments and very diverse personalities
· Must be able to exercise influence, motivate, move people along, and successfully drive programs
· Skilled in Program Management reporting tools (Smartsheet, IQMS ERP system)
· Prior work experience at contract manufacturing company is a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferable in a technical discipline) or equivalent.
· BS in Industrial Engineering is a plus.
· 4-years’ experience in a technical role in a production environment with a preference for Injection Molding.
· Very computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office suite of applications