The Quality Inspector is responsible for functions in the receiving inspection area, final inspection area, and the in-house inspection of production parts, using standard inspection tools as calipers, gages, etc.
- Walk the line with previous shift inspector covering all machines to ensure there is understanding on each job and that any pertinent information from that shift is communicated to the following shift inspector.
- Perform hourly visual inspection and log into Quality Plan.
- Perform dimensional inspection twice per shift and log the data in the electronic Quality Plans.
- Perform start up validation on molded components and assemblies.
- Stamp and tag approved finished products for shipment.
- Accurately use and read tolls including calipers, micrometers, indicators, height gauges, pin gauges and thread gauges.
- Inspect outgoing shipments against inspection criteria for conformance as needed.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in all areas in which work is performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding equipment, plastics resins and molds.
- Must be able to read blue prints and drawings
- Possess an understanding of standard inspection tools and have the ability to use them.
- Possess a good math background and be able to communicate both written and verbal.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends.
- High School Graduate preferred.